This webinar begins at 9:50am EASTERN time and ends at 4:40pm EASTERN time.
This class is a comprehensive de-briefing of the law. Starting with ethics, we review the crazy predicaments some ethically-challenged attorneys have found themselves. You will have to decide based on the severity of the facts and the relevant model rule, would you take a deal for that violation. While Hollywood might not be setting the finest examples when it comes to actual morals and ethics, they do a good job of exhibiting legal ethics. We will explore the Model Rules through the eyes of Hollywood. From Hollywood, it’s not a long journey to our legal rock stars – the Nine! The Supreme Court, aka, the Real League of Justice, has been busy exerting their super hero legal powers. We will review recent landmark Supreme Court case. For example, Masterpiece Cakeshop and stale while wedding cake: discrimination or a valid excuse to skip your cousin’s wedding? Finally, we will take a countdown of the Top 10 Wacky cases. You might be surprised what you will learn about legal strategy from these headline cases.
This Webinar is Approved in the Following States
- Arkansas, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Florida, 7.0 total hours, of which 2.5 are ethics hours and 1.0 hour of professionalism
- Georgia, 6.0 total hours, of which 2.5 are ethics hours and 1.0 hour is professionalism
- Iowa, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Indiana, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Kansas, 7.0 total hours, of which 3.5 are ethics hours
- New Mexico, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Mississippi, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Missouri, 7.2 total hours, of which 3.6 are ethics hours
- North Carolina, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Pennsylvania, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
- Tennessee, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are dual hours
- Utah, 6.0 total hours, of which 3.0 are ethics hours
This Webinar Qualifies for Credit in the Following States Due to Reciprocity:
- New Jersey - view their statement on reciprocity, by scrolling down to "Does New Jersey accept CLE credits from other mandatory CLE jurisdictions?" - https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/cle/faq#500166
- New York - view their "Approved Jurisdiction" policy here: https://ww2.nycourts.gov/attorneys/cle/approvedjurisdictions.shtml
Comedian of Law generally does not provide refunds, but does offer credits that can be used on future courses. So if you register for an in person CLE or a webinar and are not able to attend, we will give you a credit for your purchase price, which you can apply toward another in person CLE or webinar in the future. Please contact our office if you have questions regarding our refund policy, to notify us you cannot attend a course you purchased or for information on how to sign up using a credit.
All Terms and Conditions
Please visit https://onlinecles.com/terms-conditions/.
How to Register with Zoom
- Log in to your account
- Click on the webinar you wish to register for from your list of Purchased CLE Programs
- Fill out the short Zoom registration sheet and click on “Register” to complete
- You will then receive an email from Zoom, which will have your personal link to access the webinar.
Important Information Regarding Registration
- Do not wait until 2 minutes before the webinar to register with Zoom if possible, as you cannot log in until you get the email from Zoom and while email is usually instantaneous, we all know that isn’t always the case.
- You must be watching the webinar in order to get credit. Most states accredit webinars differently than other formats and in order to get webinar credit, you must be watching, not just listening using the audio only link.
- There will be poll questions every hour, as many states require them. If you don’t answer the poll question and your state requires them, we can’t award credit for that hour. The poll questions are NOT obscure, as Joel always announces them before he runs them, and he reads them out loud. If your state requires you answer them, please don’t miss them. Please note that you will not be able to answer poll questions if you are using an audio only link, which is another reason you need to be WATCHING (not just listening to audio only version) the video presentation.
Written materials are available in your COL account after you have purchased a webinar.
- Go to www.comedianoflaw.com or www.onlinescles.com (www.comedianoflaw.com redirects to www.onlinescles.com)
- Click on "My Account" in the yellow box in the upper right hand corner
- Click on "My Courses" in the blue column on the left
- Log in to your account
- Find the webinar in the "Purchased CLE Programs" section and click on it
- The written materials will then be under "Resources"
How to Get Credit for the Webinar
- All webinar certificates are done by hand, so you will not get them when the webinar is over. We have to cross reference your log in and log out times and your poll questions to figure out how much credit you earned.
- You will receive your certificate of attendance within a week of the webinar and it will be sent to the email address you used when you registered for the webinar.
- Comedian of Law will report to all states that are provider report states. If your state is a self-reporting state, we will not (like FL, IA or MO for example). Hours are usually reported right before certificates of attendance are sent, but the email you receive will explain.